View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 06:14 PM
kdjameson
PPCGeeks Regular

kdjameson is keeping up the good workkdjameson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[8-29-10-Hybrid v2.0]★SharkieROM★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjameson View Post
A Tale of a Mis-behaving Program

Hi Sharkie,

I use a program called Cash Organizer (a money program), which was designed for WM6.1 and works great on 6.5, but it has a strange quirk in 6.5.X. Normally I can pick a date in the future to view future expenses and account balances. But on every 6.5.X ROM I've tried that feature doesn't work, which is one reason I stick to 6.5 ROMs. I really like the ability to forecast my future expenses to a date of my choice.

However, in your 6.5 ROM, the feature also doesn't work. I've always supposed the reason the feature doesn't work on 6.5.X ROMs is due to some setting somewhere. Now that seems to be the case in your ROM, too.

The way this feature works is from a pull-down menu I can select to view "Today" transactions, "Next Week" transactions, "Next Month" transactions, or "Customize Date..." It's the last one that has the problem. Normally when selected, it pops up a calendar in which I can select the date and then click "Set". But it doesn't work on your ROM.

Can you think of any setting that might be causing Cash Organizer to mis-behave in this way? It seems to be related the the pop-up calendar. I realize it's an isolated case, but it's the only ding for me with your 6.5 ROM. Yours is the only 6.5 ROM I've had this problem with.
Yes, the calendar that pops up appears to be the WM calendar. It's the same pop-up that appears when using the Calendar tab.

Strangely, when I'm looking at a single transaction, I can call up the calendar and change the date of the transaction with no trouble. So the calendar does work in the money program.

Here's the link for the program:
http://www.inesoft.com/eng/index.php?in=premium.html
There's a sub-link to download the program for free trial. It's the full program, not a crippled version. Size is about 8 MB. If you install the program, once it's loaded, click on the "Register" tab and then click on the "Filtered" pull-down to see the options mentioned above. Maybe its an issue with the pull-down?

If anyone else also wishes to play around with this, I wouldn't object.
BTW, it's the best stand-alone WM financial program I've seen.

Here's a pic of the calendar pop-up:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calendar shot.jpg (8.8 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!