View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrels View Post
I have tried many builds (in versions 2.1 and 2.2) from June to now occasionally and I have had sound work maybe 3 times total out of the dozens of times I've loaded it; that error is the only thing I've noticed in my limited search for an answer.

I wanted to originally 'cat /var/log/syslog' but /var/log doesnt exist so I went with the only other option i could think, that being dmesg. I had found that error and I started to wonder, hmm could module 'snd' not being loaded be the cause of my sound issues? :P

On an additional side note, idk how to bring up the pipe symbol ("|") or (">") to feed output to file so I had to use Androids 'mail to' option for Terminal Emulator.
That's really strange. I haven't heard of anyone else who has had such consistent issues with the audio. I've had it fail to come up maybe 1 in 10 times, but never more than that. I wonder if you have something running at startup in WinMo that's monopolizing the hardware, and causing the init in linux to get confused. That's the only place I can think of where something in your setup would differ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bechard View Post
Good day good sirs.

Is it possible to increase the touch sensitivity for the 2.2 build? I've got 2.2 running quite well (appbrain+fast web installer = gold) and my only problem seems to be that I need to push a lot harder for Android than I do for WinMo.

I'm currently using the latest AIO, but with a new initrd, kernel, modules, rootfs, and system, so...basically upgraded mostly everything now that I think about it.
There is, as far as I know, no way to change the touch sensitivity. Android doesn't seem particularly well-suited to working with resistive touchscreens in the first place, and this is probably exacerbated by the hacked together drivers we're using. You can see the problem if you play around with the pointer location tool in dev-tools. All the information about pressure is just tossed out -- it doesn't quite line up with the resistive touchscreen driver we've got (or, really, with the general operating method of resistive touchscreens).

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyz34 View Post
so currently running the newest package with no problems from the SD card... i keep seeing lots of mentioning of partitioning and running from an ext2 partition... what is the benefit of doing that vs just running it from the sd card whenever i want to play with android?
running from an ext2 partition on your sd card was claimed to lead to faster operation. I never found that to be the case. It also allowed for utilizing USB Mass Storage mode for the rest of the sd card (though whether that would actually work, I'm not sure), as well as modifying the files in /system without compiling a new package.

Unless you have some specific need, the effort to do it is not sufficiently rewarded.

On the other hand, the TP2 forum has a some movement lately on partitioning and running from the internal NAND storage. That would totally wipe out Windows Mobile, lead to a further speed increase (if in nothing else, just in startup), and make the whole thing feel a lot nicer.

However, it's got about half a dozen showstopping problems, like no USB, no audio, no 3d, etc.... things that are expected when you no longer have windows mobile initializing the devices, but make it not quite usable yet.