View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 05:23 PM
CzechPleez
Lurker

CzechPleez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: so far epic gps sucks.

Hi. I'm a Sprint employee and Epic owner/user. First off "Sprint told me it is a known issue" is hard to believe since our employees know there aren't any known issues with the Samsung Epic 4G. There are reports of OTHER Samsung Galaxy S phones having GPS issues but the Epic 4G's GPS performance has been validated by numerous 3rd party and technical resources. So, you can quote this Sprint employee as saying "There's no known issue with the Epic 4G GPS." Please use that in the future.

That said, please make sure your settings are correct:
To use aGPS (assisted GPS) you need to make sure you enable "Use Wireless Networks" and "Use GPS Satellites" in the Locations & Security menu in Settings.

Check to make sure you have enabled "Use My Location" under the Privacy menu in Settings.

To use any kind of GPS make sure you enable the GPS radio by pulling down the notification bar and enabling GPS radio.

GPS cannot lock on if you're not in direct exposure to GPS satellites so make sure you're outdoors and in a clear field of view of a large portion of the skyline. If you're in a valley of tall buildings you may not get optimum coverage.

If you still have problems please send me a PM. Thanks for being a Sprint customer and Epic owner!