View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Straitup27
Is Discombobulated!!

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: Update[8-29-10-Hybrid v2.0]★SharkieROM★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I've had that Twitter error in the past. I'm glad you brought that up. Yesterday and today I've been getting an "This account if forbidden access... something something something. Anyone else getting that?

As far as your error message, like I said, I've gotten that before randomly sometimes for as long as a couple of days. The first time I looked online about it and found a bunch of people having the same thing and went on Twitter on my PC and they were having issues there as well. So, I've chalked it up to Twitter problems. I can't see how it could related to my ROM.
this will explain the twitter issue: original post at pocketnow.com here
http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/h...-least-for-now

HTC Peep: Bye Bye, at Least for Now!
File under: News
By: Anton D. Nagy | 5:07 AM 1-Sep-10 | 8 Comments

Twitter has long announced that they'd switch to the new authentication method called OAuth which would be more secure. The problem with the old method was that applications had to store your user name and password in order to access Twitter so the new OAuth method will overcome this possible security flaw.

But together with this come the problems related to software that is not kept up to date to reflect and implement the new methods which are used as default now by Twitter. Unfortunately, HTC's Twitter client, Peep, is one of those apps that stopped working and imagine my surprise this morning when I wanted to check the tweets while drinking coffee and was presented with the screen attached. Hope HTC will release their updated version of the app as soon as possible since we know they don't want to lose any users in their Peep pool.

And guess what, moving from the HD2 to my Desire (in my desperate and naive attempt to read some news), I was surprised to find out that Peep for Android is facing the same problems, and it became clear to me that HTC has to make a move, quick!

Strange though that I managed to tweet from Peep some two hours ago!... - probably my last tweet from Peep for a while, hope it'll be short.

This post has been thanked 2 times.