View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 10:56 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM *beta*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
Yes, I figured this out by testing it out. My understanding was that a factory wipe/reset would mean a blank slate of what the rom came with.

You said OMJ includes his custom apps in /data/app, is placing the apps in there the only way to get this done? Or is it just a chef's preference? Reason I am asking is to see (since I am not a chef) if a chef could build the rom in a way that would avoid losing the apps if a person resets/wipes.
Man, and I thought I wiped a lot
Still wondering why you are wiping post flash? I've never done it (with one exception for the kernel reason I mentioned)
The app location is chef's preference, I've seen it OMJ's way and with everything in /system/app.
Apps being in /data/app make them easier to remove...as you've discovered
If you mount system as writable
adb remount
you could move everything over to /system/app and feel confident to wipe your brains out.