View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM *beta*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
I notice that most of the applications that the rom comes with are not showing up for me and I am not sure why. This has happened with other roms as well.

I always wipe several time before and after I flash a new rom. Is the fact that I wipe after flashing the rom the reason why I am not seeing the applications? I am assuming me this shouldn't cause the problem.

Any thoughts?
That is EXACTLY why.
OMJ includes his "custom" apps in /data/app which is cleared out by your post-flash wipes if you are doing a factory reset/wipe.
Apps in /system/app are protected which is why you dont have a completely blank slate.
I see NO reason for post flash wipe as standard practice.
AT MOST you could wipe just cache and dalvik. SOMEtimes a custom kernel needs that to get up and running...sometimes.
Just wiping cache and dalvik will not wipe /data/app.