crazed_z06
PPCGeeks Regular

crazed_z06 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: wm fails me again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
If it's so bad then get your android or iphone or whatever and quit with the posts!!!!!!! And from what i read about this "yelp" app the reviews all pretty much say bad things or so so things. So why would you want it anyways? Why not just use the mobile web site for it?
I did order a Droid X. Unfortunately, it wont ship until 9/10.

The lack of a Yelp App on Windows Mobile is part of a bigger picture. I was making a point on how Windows Mobile has become a forgotten OS.. No one's bothering making any new software and there's barely even any support from Microsoft, Carriers, or hardware manufactuers. I do a lot of banking with Wells Fargo. Id like to be able to use the mobile app here.. https://www.wellsfargo.com/mobile/ .. Unfortunately they didnt bother offering a Windows Mobile Version.. They even have a Palm version for Christ's Sake... PALM! Just compare the pitiful facebook app on Windows Mobile to the Iphone's facebook app.. or compare the amount of new Apps being released for Android to what's in the Windows Marketplace. I doubt HTC is going to bother fixing the POS texting on the TP2 or even address the Sleep of Death.

The poster above said WinMo is over my head. That kinda sentiment is why the OS is done for. People dont want a device that requires digging around on message boards, installing cabs, flashing ROMs, etc, etc. First and foremost, they want something that works. For the vast majority of users, the modification stuff is just icing on the cake. If a device requires modification to work right out of the box, then it sucks. Like I said before, I dont go buy a Honda Civic and expect to have to tune the ECU myself before the car runs correctly.

Last edited by crazed_z06; 08-31-2010 at 12:33 AM.