View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Entrepreneur724
Lurker

Entrepreneur724 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First Impressions of the Epic: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly?

I would assume many of you would click on this thread....Well here is my 2 cents about this phone.... How did I get it early? I bought it on eBay -- received it today. Cool huh?

Look. I am not here to talk about the specifications, what minor things it lacks, all that BS that genuinely does NOT matter to normal people. Yes, that's right...to normal people....

Anyways..... On to the Epic 4G

I'm coming from a HTC Touch Pro 2 -- so bear with me here, I ain't very smart phone smart quite yet, however I am in business(obviously), and since I'm in business, one of THEE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS I NEED IS A FREKIN' QWERTY KEYBOARD. I critically will judge the keyboard because I am your average keyboard person. I don't care even if its 2011 -- I still need a QWERTY.

First Impression:
Phone was thin as F***. I don't understand at all how the hell Samsung made this phone so thin...! I thought my TP2 was alright, but it is seriously another generation when it comes to the Samsung Epic. It is simply amazing how much a phone can improve in a year...Not even one year ago I bought my TP2...I bought that damn thing like last Oct...

I slide out the QWERTY....THIN AS F**** keys! Again, wow, I didn't know if it was just me( since I did however come from a TP2), but the keys were really thin, almost like chiclets? I don't know what the hell they are called, but the keys are super thin and have a good "vibe" if you will when pressing on them. I thought the QWERTY was alright actually -- it ain't half bad -- the space bar COULD be a little bigger, but then again, I am coming from a TP2....Essentially, any TP2 user can get used to the EPIC keyboard quite fast I would say...The keys are well spaced, however pressing down takes a bit more pressure than the Touch Pro 2. I think it's a simple matter of "getting used to it."

Turning on the phone was a quite pleasurable experience...I mean seriously...I waited two months...? So the feeling of "awh finally" is always exciting to have...And as expected a gorgeous screen was displayed before my eyes.

I played with a EVO before and I must be honest with you... I think the Epic is a EVO with a better screen and a keyboard. Personally, I hated how bulky the EVO was because the screen is large, whereas on the Epic the screen is not as big(noticeably smaller). Thickness wise...omg you will not believe this -- the Epic is much thinner than my TP2, however just slightly thicker than a EVO....Honestly -- it's not that much of a difference, the EPIC feels great in your hand....it's like meant to be in your hand..... This is all my opinion though...

Since I'm relatively new to Samsung phones I can't comment on TouchWiz... simply because you will forget what Touchwiz is when you look at the backround everytime you turn your phone on, LOL.

I don't have a bad or ugly yet, but damn technology comes a long way in ten months.

I guess that's it. Thanks guys!

Last edited by Entrepreneur724; 08-30-2010 at 11:34 PM.