View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:36 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
Yo Iknowsquat (or anyone else who is willing to share): What settings would you reccomend for SetCPU on this ROM? I have the app but havent played with it yet becasue I dont want to over or underclock it too much...
I looked at OMJs and I take it all the way down to 245 max/min with the screen off, with performance scaling. Setcpu is like the kernel, everyone will not get the same results, got to test, test, and test some more. Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik777 View Post
ok downloaded the v3.1 rom now do i need to wipe or just install over the previous v3.0 one ........TIA
LGK777
Wiping is never required but always recommended. I'd definitley wipe on this one do to the nrmew kernel. You may even need to wipe cache and dalvik post flash as kernels can be tempormental to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
apperantly the rom is set up with more max than that and the same minimum...I assume changing it the settings in that link would cause it to run a little slower but get a bit better battey life...
Those settings are for screen off, wont effect performance.
When you first launch setcpu you can select device specific parameters, but you can go higher. Just gotta watch for instability the higher you go.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-30-2010 at 09:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.