View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Memory Help

So lately I've finally got into reading up on memory and saving space and modules and recmodding and what not. Here's a shot of my kitchen after a ROM was built. As I understand it the goal is to keep Slot 0 empty. Judging from the screen shot, it is empty right? It says 0 modules. What about the other slots? Are those numbers good or should they be moved around, i.e. less in slot 1 and more in slot 60 or something like that. Some users have reported memory shortages as in programs refusing to open due to lack of memory. I'm trying to get to the bottom of it, but everything seems cool to me. Can you guys tell anything by this screen shot?

Also, to recmod or not to recmod. From my reading it seems like that was necessary in 6-6.1, but not so necessary in builds 6.5-6.5.X. Is that a correct statement. Modules load faster thereby making the ROM faster, right? I keep reading that people should recmod this and recmod that to save space. Is that necessary for 6.5-6.5.X? What you see in the screen shot is my 21911 build. I've not recmodded anything and memory seems to be good. Perhaps, the copy of the build I got as already been recmodded... I'm not sure. Point being should we recmod as much as possible or will that slow the phone down?

Also VM is Virtual Memory, right? Is VM the same as RAM? Does it tell you anywhere in the cooking process what the VM of the ROM is or is that something that you can only tell through the ROM on the phone via taskmanager or what not?

Sorry for the long post. Just trying to gain some more understanding...