View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 05:16 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Re. Aug 28 Q: didn't like what some respectable posters had to say about battery life... plus I've already been on around that OS 121, 128, 129.. correct, not production 127, but I believe 128 was production.. and was nice, but this one is working now, so no jump for me.

Re. SOD & bugs: Over the last few days I've gone from an unusable phone to almost perfect. Too tired to change again now.

Re. Dinik: I don't use it. Yes, it's nice looking,etc.. personal taste... not ripping on it. But, especially outside I find ANY fancy shading makes it harder to see. IMHO

Re. touch lock pro: Someone a bunch of pages back post a link that gives mAh (current draw), cpu % etc.. like we use to have on the old win home screen add on's. Loved it, but either it's not playing well with 23xxx OR is conflicting with wmtask (my taskmanager) or ??? Got rid of it & arkswitch (which was always closing itself on some ROMs) & all my problems went away.

Along with using a page pool of 12 on the Aug 25 cookie.

There are a ton of reasons for your issues, and I could fill 2 pages with suggestions.

Key items being: which ROM, page pool size, deleting storage card- htc folder (search for exact location), are you running task29 before your new ROM flash (depends on whether you're switching OS, ROM brand, max to cookie, etc., etc.., etc if in question, just do it, it only takes 5 min max), turn off all animation (flip, weather, etc..), don't use a restore from backup AT ALL! Build from scratch... (especially .reg files from other OS's, builds, ROMs, etc.. can screw things up if restored)... actually, dll's also...

Much of the freezing may not be the ROM, some have suggested Cookie screens, we also discussed rebooting sense instead of the TP2, but if sense is stuck, you can't use quicklinks... so someone suggested: settings\home uncheck sense, ok, then recheck sense...

I just found this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125628
it's like the action soft left button on energy roms, & works with the end key long hold (hang up)... it has a relaunch sense button.. haven't used it yet, but looks good.

To be specific, if I were in your shoes:
1. Redownload, try plain cookie
2. task29
3. set page pool to 12
4. turn off animation & make sure music player isn't on any of the cookie screens.
5. don't restore ANYTHING, customize the menu some
6. use it for a day, then start adding your personal cab files one by one.

Sorry if some suggestions are too basic, don't know what level of a user you are...
Read this & at the bottom is a link to DaveTN's post as well..
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127037

I've done all this at least 100 times... so I kind of knew what the culprits were that were causing my problems...
*edit* I could put back in arkswitch & test, then... touchlockpro... too tired, can use the 2 meg arkswitch uses anyway...

*edit2* I see you do the same page pool, looks good we must have been posting @ the same time :>))
These are the steps i use most of the time when rom flashing;
1. Change pagepool to 12
2. Task 29 everytime i flash
3. Enter Bootloader and flash rom via a Fat 32 formatted sdcard with absolutely nothing on the sdcard except the rom .
4. If i use XDA then i insert a different sd card and then hard-reset the device and let xda run, but only if i know the cabs are solid and dont cause any problems.
5. I setup my data and mms connections manually.
6. I restore my contacts with PIM backup, i only restore contacts and nothing else. I also restore my CHT settings from CHT Editor.
7. Thats it,i think im not forgetting anything. If i have any problems i hard-reset and try again.
Ive already did almost everything u mentioned above and ill try the cpl i havent yet. First im going to delete Arcswitch because ive had problems with it one the past
Could u explain more of what i should look for in HTC folder and are u talking about the HTC folder on my sdcard,device, or the start menu HTC folder?
Not sure if its CHT itself causing screen freezing,SOD, issue because i was running Bhars rom with CHT for months now and never had any problem even close to what im experiencing now, but that wasnt with the Dinik Glass option. Ill reflash try everything on the Aug 25 CHT Dinik Glass rom and if it still doesnt solve the issue then ill try the plain cookie.
Thanks alot for the info and help. Let u know how it goes, and if u think of anything else please let me know.