View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 03:28 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecool View Post
thanx a lot mate, u saved my time
[QUOTE=muzik;1927356]I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong (LOL). As I understand it...the page pool, if you think of it as a sliding scale from 0-20...the smaller the number, the more free memory but slower. As you go to a higher page pool it has less free memory but it runs faster. With NRG, you can guess that page pool is up so it runs faster. If you want to run alot of apps, a lower page pool is better, if you want speed, use a higher page pool. Some of the forum has lately found 12 to be the sweet spot for having both free memory and speed...some say 16...others use 0. YMMV.. I hope this helps...and it was right.[/QUOT

my pagepool preference is 12 if your using CHT. 14-16 pp if using Sense 2.5. 16-20 if your using Titanium only. Those pp setting have worked great for me with plenty of speed and memory no matter which rom version u use.My personal rom preference is 23XXX CHT Dinik Glass rom with a pp of 12.I have around 70mb giv or take a few mb after a soft reset and the internet and download speeds seem the same as when i tried the pp at 16 on the same rom, but the memory is noticeably less.I wouldnt use 0 for a pp setting. Using 0 allows the device to vary the pagepool as necessary and can cause problems if not monitored.
This post has been thanked 1 times.