View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[8-23-10]★SharkieROM-Hybrid★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjameson View Post
I haven't played much with program links, but I decided to wade in and see what I could do. I found a link for Comm Manager in "Windows\AppButtons", so I simply copied it to the" Windows\Start Menu\Programs" folder. Now it shows up in the Programs listing.

Thanks for the tip about SDKCerts. However, I've never needed to run that program in my TP2. I simply tried again to install the Dinik Anastasia taskbar, and it worked the 2nd time. Not sure why it didn't work the first time. Most likely user error.

I'm very happy with your 6.5 ROM! I really hope you continue to maintain it. I'm not having any problems with it at all. Though I sure wouldn't mind if you made a version of it with Dinik Anastasia cooked in.
I thought about your quoted post today and just didn't have time to hunt around for it. I'm sure you noticed by now in my Hybrid post that all the ROMs from here on out have a comm manager link in the programs list. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah, there should be no problems with taskbars. I'm glad you it working.

I fully intend to keep at the 6.5 ROMs. Once I've fixed the 6.5.X problems (memory) then I will have learned new things that I then can quickly and easily apply to the 6.5 ROMs.

Thanks so much for letting me know that you've been running the ROM and everything's cool! Along those same lines... Here's a quote from a PM I sent someone who inquired as to why I don't have a donate button:
Quote:
"I don't have a donate button because I just don't feel that it's deserved. I love making ROMs and it brings me great joy in life.

I've made no original programs like you have or anything along those lines. All the stuff I've used and learn has been free. I just feel that I can't attain all that I've attained in my ROM for free and then turn around and accept money for it, even if it is a simple thank you for my work.

Just knowing that people like my ROM, and getting my thanks button hit is plenty for me "
Point being...

I'm sitting at a little over 500 downloads since v1.1s were released and I get very little feedback by comparison. Either this means that people try it, think it sucks and move on without saying a word or that people try it, use it (perhaps love it) and don't say a word. I'm grateful for the hand full of seasoned vets that are regulars here and provide invaluable feedback, but what about everyone else? Where are the 500 +/- people who downloaded my ROM?

It's nice to here from the less frequent posters as well, so I know that people are in fact rockin' my work! Thank you for letting me know!

Oh, and I have thought about making an Anastasia ROM. Thanks for the suggestion. Skinning a ROM is usually pretty easy, so after I work on the bugs, I should be able to make an Anastasia ROM rather quickly. I already have all the .cabs and stuff too. So... I'll probably make one... Love the screen shot by the way. I don't see that wallpaper in screenies often, but ever since I came across it, it's been one of my favs.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-29-2010 at 11:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.