View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 03:21 PM
JoeTheSchmo

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dold View Post
I have an Sprint keyboard very similar to yours. However the text file has some noticeable differences. For starters your have 9 keys in the bottom row and the code only has 8. It seems you are missing a line of code for the matching key.
I am attaching the config text layout for my sprint keyboard, maybe you could use it as reference. Copy only the code corresponding to the 5 row and the adapt it to your preference. The 4th COLUMN is the one that affects the FN key press.
The registry value is correct, HKLM/Software/Tegic/eT9/IME/KeyboardLayoutFiles
find the
07FF key and change the value to the text file you placed in the windows directory.

Ask to some verizon TP2 owner to find and copy their text file from windows directory and place it here for you. Maybe you can sort out what are the differences with yours.

I just wanted to clarify, I did get my keyboard working with the map I posted. Thanks for the info anyway though.

The problem I was having is that the registry key was set to a map file that didn't exist after I ran the carrier provisioning. For now I'm just going to drop the map I wrote into my XDA_UC to avoid this problem in the future.

I posted it here hoping it would get included into the rom.

I'm aware that it is missing the single key. That key doesn't have to be remapped for it to function, but I guess it should be in the map for consistencies sake. The key in question is the favorite button, the star. I'm working on getting the value from the keyboard driver now for that row. I'll see if I can't figure out the kbd driver value for that key and repost the map.