View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 03:01 PM
blackangst
PPCGeeks Regular

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheSchmo View Post
I posted this over at xda-developers yesterday, I'm guessing from the response I got that I should have posted it here since this is a CDMA Verizon phone.

I'm currently running the Aug28.2010 Rom, but I've had the issue with any past rom I've tried, Jul -> Present.

Before I run the carrier provisioning, all the keys work, they are just mapped wrong. After I provision for Verizon, the Fn and Caps Lock keys stop working in most applications, basically everything but the Home screen, and I mean only the first tab. I took the advice of the FAQ and installed RhodiumKbdControl, However, I could not use this to get my Fn or Caps Lock keys to work again.

So I dug apart the energy_verizon.cab, I noticed that it sets the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tegic\eT9\IME\KeyboardLayouFiles\07F F to eT9.Rhodium.VERIZON_WWE.kmap.txt. There are a few similarly named files throughout the system, but this one is MIA.

Temporarily I set the registry key in question to eT9.Rhodium.WWE.kmap.txt. This fixed my Fn and Caps Lock keys, but brought me back to the layout that didn't match my keys.

Attached is a picture of my keyboard, from a Verizon Touch Pro 2 purchased in the USA. Also attached is a layout file that matches the keyboard exactly, there is one exception, I added Fn+MailBox -> SMS. That is the only key combo not labeled on the keyboard.

I spent the better part of yesterday trying to figure this out, Hopefully it is helpful.

Thanks!!
Is this the Verizon keyboard fix cab in the paperclipped files? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...6&d=1263691875