View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 10:42 PM
mbloof
Lurker

mbloof is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Greetings,

I'm new around here, just recently got a TP2 on Sprint and suffered through their WM6.1 ROM and upgraded to a 'stock 6.5' ROM. After playing with that a whole few hours I've been on the 'Energy Standard Cookie' for much of the day.

The ROM is fairly cool, however I have what are likely 'newby' questions. I've attempted to scan SOME of the MULTITHOUSAND PAGE post with little success in finding answers:

1. 'Carrier Provisioning' ?? I hear of people doing this after flashing a ROM but for the life of me, can't seem to find a direct reference to a program or command to do it. I have made and gotten phone calls since flashing. The phone seems to work. Humm...

2. Speaking of 'provisioning', Sprint had a 'profile update' and 'PRL Update' icons on their release, can't seem to find them on the ROM. I did find 'a link' somewhere in the 1000's of pages on this thread - the link has what appears to be multiple programs with simular names. Which one? I downloaded one and installed it, still no update buttons. Help?

3. Email and SMS mail: The buttons on the front home screen don't seem to do anything. I do have 3 email addresses setup, however the home links don't seem to work.

3.1 I sent myself SMS mail with links for some downloads, the phone got them and i finally had to add a quick link to the WM messaging application to be able to read 'them'. Clicking on the 'messages' was of no help, clicking on the alert was equaly no help. Help? how do I get messaging to work?

4. I've never used Twitter so I don't have good or bad things to say about it, other than I can't GET RID of the silly "T" on the bottom of the screen. I've edited/turned everything off and only have: Home, Twitter and Settings left. Twitter does not even SHOW as being a 'stuck' option in the editor. Help! How do I get rid of it?

5. Email: How do I MARK EMAIL AS READ without opening it? I don't like seeing the new mail icon when I don't in fact have new mail.

6. Sprint had a link/links to THEIR website where you could check your usage, buy crud and the like but can't find it anywhere.

7. I've seen other folks talking about needing a 'keyboard fix' but I'm not quite sure I also need it.

I'll be thankfull for any help or guidance the members/readers of this forum/thread can provide,

Mark.

(this website has a WAY to short of a timeout, I can't read more than a few pages without being logged off, the above message I was logged in when I started only to get forwarded to a BLANK page and logged out when I hit the post button!! AAARRRRGGGG!!!!@)