View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 09:04 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: How long for Froyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
Hey, I would love it if you are right, but if Samsung releases Gingerbread for Galaxy S phones and then also offers Gingerbread on the Galaxy S v2, would motivation would you have to upgrade then? The specs on the phone are pretty hardcore and most people aren't going to push their phone like the fraction of people on these forums do. Samsung isn't know for their outstanding support either, which is a concern of mine.

Can you think of any other reason why other phones that are out now came with Froyo already and this one isn't?
Well Samsung said it is going to be a "Premium Brand" and if they want to keep it that way it will be expected. They said it themselves they want to differentiate themselves...to be exact its not like samsung did not offer updates before to other android phones...just those updates didn't go as far as some people wanted them to.

But I can think of plenty of reason to get a Galaxy S2..New Super AMOLED with indestructible screen..thinner due to thin film over glass...2x energy savings...2ghz cpu...more ram...more rom..maybe a xen flash? bigger mah battery..is that not enough reason to upgrade to S2?

Also the Galaxy S was released and made even before the EVO...notice they don't even have a fully working Froyo ROM..so they went with releasing 2.1...original Galaxy S came out in may...

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfnoslen View Post
I don't think that they will update this to gingerbread... the specs that the Galaxy has is the min specs for gingerbread. And it's rumored to come out LATE this year. I don't think Samsung will push us to two updates.. which is why I'm wating until a Gingerbread phone comes out.
I don't expect Gignerbread from Day 1...if they release Froyo in September, that will be 7 months...there is no reason for them not to have a working Gingerbread for our phone in that time period...And Gignerbread was stated to work on Nexus One as it is their dev phone...no reason why a Galaxy S which is more powerful not to be able to run it easier.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)