View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 08:43 PM
testacon
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How long for Froyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I wouldn't count it out yet...the Galaxy S is not aimed at HTC but the iphone..and the iphone does offer 1 year upgrades at the very least...supposidly the next Galaxy S will come out 1 year from now aka May-June 2011...we willl have Gingerbread this fall...I'd like to see how samsung can justify over 6 month of not upgrading to gingerbread...on a "premium brand"
Hey, I would love it if you are right, but if Samsung releases Gingerbread for Galaxy S phones and then also offers Gingerbread on the Galaxy S v2, would motivation would you have to upgrade then? The specs on the phone are pretty hardcore and most people aren't going to push their phone like the fraction of people on these forums do. Samsung isn't know for their outstanding support either, which is a concern of mine.

Can you think of any other reason why other phones that are out now came with Froyo already and this one isn't?