View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 09:50 PM
rhacy
Regular 'Geeker

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How long for Froyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvmyc View Post
You act like 2.1 is a terrible OS or something....waiting for an official release on the updated software because it hasn't been released is kind of odd IMO anyway. Did you do the same before 2.1 was released? If you keep holding off because of an update to the Android system on a particular phone then you might be waiting forever and a day because the updates are constant on these phones.....I would love Froyo too but it isn't gonna make the phone 100X better, better yes but enough to hold off now because of 2.1 on it...hell no, not IMO. The Epic will get the 2.2 update sooner then later.
Are you kidding me, odd? As I said, no bluetooth voice dialing from a BT headset has been an android OS deal breaker for me. To clarify, I've been waiting for this feature since Android was first released, and know it's finally available with 2.2. Guess the fact that it's been available on other mobile platforms for many years, and it's something I've used daily for around five years now, has something to do with my decision process, lol... Plus, hands free phone use while driving is the law here. Moreover, there's no way I'm going back to wired headsets or messing with my phone while driving in 2010. That's so 2004 as well as illegal here. In turn, until a rooted or carrier released 2.2 solution becomes available, the Epic lacks a huge phone feature for my needs. Understand now?

Best to all,
R