wabbster
Lurker

wabbster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Yes it's true. Sound is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtaboy View Post
I installed the latest zimage and modules as instructed in posts 62 and 63 above.

THE HISSING SOUND/STATIC IS GONE!!! Great work!!

For me, though, I still do not have speakerphone working and if I do put phone in speakerphone mode (by pressing the menu key...ie windows key on my Sprint TP2) it also mutes the phone...ie when I speak I am not heard by other side.

Regardless, for me, this makes sound 90% functional. Sure, no speakerphone or audio jack (yet!!!) but still a huge breakthrough.

Congrats to all involved!
Yes I ditto everything. I installed it this afternoon and now I have a RINGTONE!! I even played a few games from the market with sound.
I have a verizon TP2 fully unlocked. I do have a at&t sim card that I use when I travel (there are areas where I live verizon sucks really bad).

This is great work. I only have 1 request, if its possible to be able to keep my sim in. I have it taped to the inside cover becuase when it's in no severice even though I say force cdma. Maybe when the droid Pro comes out there will be the ability to have software to switch between cdma and gsm under android.

Other then the headphone jack as mentioned above I am so happy!!! WOO HOO! Sound