View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 08:55 PM
verkion
PPCGeeks Regular

verkion is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueLED - configure/customize your LEDs...

OOOKKKK...Here we go guys! So, for those of you with 1.1 installed that CAN'T GET RID OF IT, and whenever you install new versions, pops up the whole nonsense about registry settings being corrupted, and errors in the nueLEDconfig.exe...this procedure works - ONLY CAVEAT is that nueLED 1.1 still shows up in the uninstall program list and I have NO IDEA how to remove it from the list! Having said that, all SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS WILL WORK STILL.

Step 1: Uninstall 1.1 from the remove programs...yah yah, I know it says it can't uninstall properly...just ignore that.

Step 2: Reg edit according to 1st page:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\AllLEDMgr]
"Index"=dword:1

ALSO CHANGE
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\nueLED]
"Index"=dword:2

Step 3:
Reboot!
Your original LED pattern, (i.e. signal light should be flashing etc.)

Step 4:
If you can, delete the nueLED key from above...it wouldn't let me on my PDA though...

Step 5:
Install newer version -> 1.5 last I checked. It WILL install properly this time, (installation says successful, but it won't ask you to reboot.) You can now start up the new nueLED program (pun intended ) and make whatever changes you want without it crashing.

So...if anyone knows how to delete old entries from the installed program list, please post the solution!!!

verkion