View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 02:12 PM
clockcycle
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: We Got 2.2 Root!

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher61 View Post
If you take the std OTA Froyo....will unrevoked-forever keep your root? Or do you need to use one of the Rooted version of the std ota froyo?
I tried to take the OTA, downloaded just fine, when it went through it's thing it rebooting, extracting, applying, it failed. Leaving a /!\ and android on screen. Looks like the 2.2 OTA won't install on a unrevoked3 rooted phone according to posts found on other forums.

I am gonna just use the recovery to flash the rooted ota by netarchy. EDIT: This got me to 2.2 OTA xx.6, without updating the Baseband. TROUBLE: My phone will not sync, charge, otherwise recognize it is connected to a PC after the initial connection. It thinks I pulled the cable. Take in mind I have gone through all these steps being able to prior tot he last step i took... YMMV careful!

-CC

FOLLOW UP: Manually updated the radio to xx.28 via recovery and I am able to use any USB cable once again to connect to the PC.

Last edited by clockcycle; 08-26-2010 at 04:42 PM.