View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 08:32 AM
stanglifemike
boostedbanana is VIP!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
You may have done this but just to be sure--in prepping for a ROM flash do Factory reset 2X's and wipe DALVIK cache 2X's.
When you do a factory reset it wipes CACHE.
Oh, and no need to do factory reset post flash
Ok, I wont factory reset after flashing anymore. just a habit from my TP2 . When I use Quick Boot to boot in to Recovery, I think Rom Manager steps in and takes over the screen there. It looks different ever since I dl'ed and installed Rom Manager and even says Clockwork Mod at the top now. Anyway, I cleared factory data twice, then went to clear Dalvick Cache. BUT..now due to Rom Manager taking over that screen it DOES NOT say Davlik Cache, it just says Cache Partition, which I assumed was the same just renamed by Rom Manager...Liike I said, it booted up just fine and was running perfect. It wasnt untill I did a factory reset post-flash that it got stuck. Even then, just a battery pull and it started right back up....like it just hung up there for a minute. (Althogh it did freak me out and I had to go change my underwear..j/k)

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!