View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 09:49 PM
matchstickredgti
Regular 'Geeker

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/18] MORE SPEED!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs01 View Post
I was looking in the FAQ and didn't see what I was looking for. I wanted to test how long I can get out of a full charged battery, but I've kind of read a little bit about the "deep discharge" where it hurts the battery. I was wondering if it's ok to leave the phone on Android all day, until it dies. Because I'll boot into android and then my battery will die quickly, but once I reboot, it shows that I still have about 50% battery left. So would it be bad to leave my device running Android till it dies? Will I have any trouble getting it to turn back on once it dies? Thanks to anyone who can help!
I run Android all the time as my main OS and haven't had a problem.

The battery meter in Android is not all that accurate, so don't rely on that all the time. Your phone should be fine though. Mine has powered back up every time. Roughly you can expect to get 10 hours or so on a charge, but of course this is all dependant on what you use your phone for. I try to just keep mine on the charger as often as possible.
This post has been thanked 1 times.