View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 03:44 PM
BooDaddy
Linux Administrator

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
So in turn... you choose to keep an old phone until it falls apart rather than spend the same $20 a month that you probably blow on going out to get a meal? I guess *shrug*
Well, not exactly.. I could put that money in a Roth IRA or a 401k and let it earn interest
Or, I could use that money to pay extra on my mortgage each month and save myself a little on interest fees,
Or I could put it towards my huge ass student loans I have been paying on.
Or, I could give it to my wife and let her get a manicure each month (a Happy wife is a happy life)
Or, I could donate the money to one of the Masonic Lodges I belong to (such as the Shriners)
Or, I could roll the $20 bill up and smoke it like the richers do,
Or,......

My point is, that for me, I just can't justify paying the extra fee's for a service thats not even available in my area (4G). I really don't mind paying the initial $10 extra on my SERO because it will add Sprint Navi, TV, and alot of other stuff I could actually use if I wanted to. But, to tack on an extra $10 on top of that just because the phone is "cool" just doesnt sit well with me. I guess its more of the principle of it.
Maybe when 4G comes in my area, I can justify paying that second $10 "coolness" fee since I would be able to actually use the 4G service.

But then again, I am just speaking for myself. Some folks dont mind paying the extra bucks to have the latest and greatest.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
This post has been thanked 2 times.