View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 02:22 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Possible to run 4G radio only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JickBahTech View Post
Oh there's one built into the notification drop down for the Epic, so that's not the problem. I guess I just didn't understand that Android can't run radios individually. Like on WinMo, I can turn off the cell radio and run wi-fi only, and on Android I can only turn off the cell radio by using Airplane mode?

I wonder if the phone is actually keeping both radios on when 4G is on? If I have access to WiMAX, why would I need EVDO?
The radio will always be on in a way...they don't have voice over wimax yet so it uses it only for data...

so the best I can think of is running 1x and Wimax at same time..but turning off 1x is pretty much means no phone calls...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.