View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 07:02 PM
mkappeli
Lurker

mkappeli is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

So quick update regarding my international roaming problems. I got 80 percent fixed. I did find out that I needed to call Verizon and have them activate the SIM card. I assumed this was on already.... Once they activated, I turned the phone on and off, and voila.... signal... texts started pouring in. The next problem was Internet was not working... The phone kept asking for a vodaphone log in and Verizon had no idea what that was... They kept me on the phone for 2 1/2 hours with tech support trying typical non sense that we all would be frusterated doing since you know it wont fix it. Finally they gave up and started me a Global support ticket... basically in my eyes a big FU. Its been 2 days and still havent heard from them nor do i expect to. So i went to a hotel and got some free WiFi and did some research. Ended up trying something that suddenly worked!! So for any of you having this issue.. When you travel abroad with this phone, you need to go into your connections and add a connection using the 3G/UMTS modem and the accesspoint needs to have "emgsm.vzw3g.com" inputed. Select this network as your default and boom, internet access is back... Only missing thing now is MMS wont come through... I get the message and it cant seem to download. That is still a mystery...

Now this is where I need help and it maybe real simple. Does anyone here know how to set dialing rules so that all my phone book contacts can be easily dialed instead of having to modify each to include 001. Is there no way to set a location temporarily and have the phone automatically add this prefix? Any advice on the MMS issue would be much appreciated as well! Thanks everyone.
This post has been thanked 3 times.