View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[8-21-10]★SharkieROM★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense 2016][CHT\Stand

Sense 2016/2018 Hybrid SharkieROM-CHT v1.2 uploading now. Will post link in the early morning. It's the same Sense as v1.1 except I've replaced Core 2.5.2016 with 2.5.2018. They say it's faster... My ROMs are pretty fsast already so it's hard for me to tell. It's definitely not any slower. Let me know what you think, when it's up. I've also gone with a new taskbar, Opera 9.7 and several other fixes that have been talked about over the last few pages.

Still in the process of putting together a full 2018 ROM, but I've a ways to go still.

@ dapbmonkey4u - This new taskbar has no issues at all so far. No more battery glitch ever so often.

So I found a bug. The Facebook Tab seems unable to authorize settings. The internal authorization has never worked on my ROM, but the browser paste and authorize did. Now the browser paste opens Opera 9.7, but then Opera freezes on a black screen and has to be closed via arkswitch or a task manager. Looking into it...
For the time being IE or UCWeb works fine, you just have to set one of them as the default browser, then reset Opera as the default browser after you're done authorizing the facebook settings, if you so choose. Like I said, I'm working on it...

EDIT: If you update the file path in Facebook Tab Settings/File Path Settings first, then Opera9.7 will work to browser paste and authorize!

I'm also aware the 2018 has different icons and so the ones on top of the slider don't match the ones on the slider tray (mostly in subtabs e.g. "all people" in the People Tab) because those are 2016 icons. I'll eventually make them the same. I like some of the newer ones so I might switch some older ones out for the 2018 ones. We'll see.

Edit:

Aight Ladies and Gents
Hybrid is up!

Download via MediaFire

or

Download via VBNFiles

Be sure to read the post above the download link for info. on the hybrid ROM. Let me know of any issues discovered other than what's already known with my ROMs and other than what I've already mentioned in this post.

And of course, all thoughts are welcome!

Do you think it's noticeably faster or smoother?
What differences in Sense do you notice?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-23-2010 at 06:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.