View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 05:14 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik777 View Post
ok so i did not remove the v1.7 rom from my sd card so to check if im fully rooted i need to turn off the phone power it back on. by while holding down Volume down it will turn on it will read an i will be able to select no....
The ROM you have on your card does not matter.
During the root process you loaded a PC36IMG file onto your card, loaded bootloader and had the device read your card.
Fast tells you to remove/rename that file after you are finished.
If you dont, every time you load bootloader the device will read the file.
No biggie (just a waste of time) as long as you select "No" when it asks if you want to update. Just remove the file from your card and it wont be an issue.

If you have OMJ v1.7 ROM1 on your card then load you bootloader to flash it since that is in the same file format-PC36IMG as the rooting files. Make sure you remove the other rooting files first though to be safe.
You cant flash v1.7 ROM1 without being nand unlocked so if you can flash that then that could be your test and you will see your hboot version while its being read.

fyi-most ROM files are not in that format, just v1.7 ROM1 to get the proper files from the 1.47 OTA update.