View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 05:59 AM
bobturismo
Regular 'Geeker

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiringdesigns View Post
hi big great rom i love it. my battery since i installed this rom is dying after 6 hours of no use. i was tring to run task 29 and install it again but the one i find are not working. i keep getting a error message. can anyone help. also any news on possible new rom update soon. keep up the good work.
Task 29 is not a program you install on your phone, you run it the same exact way you Flash a ROM.

It's very important that you flash a stock 6.5 ROM (found on the HTC website) to start with a fresh slate.

I also think it's important to go into the security menu and do a "Reset data" from there.

Before you do all that soft reset the phone and what does your memory guage show? Should be in the 40's, if not you've got something eating memory.

Then click on the battery widget and watch the "Current" reading, give it a minute to adjust, if it doesn't drop to ~100ma or even less then you have something draining the battery. Your phone should charge at 400ma+, so if your phone is draining at 400ma then your phone is going to die just as fast as it does to charge it.

go into the start menu and click on the taskmanager in there, (not the one in the top taskbar, there are two different managers on your phone)

Check running applications and see if anything is running and close the programs and then check the battery current again, if it drops to under 100 then one of those programs is daining the battery.

If you have no programs running, then check running processes, most likely what is draining your phone will be in here. IF you see something related to a program you installed, kill that process and check your current again.

Currently My phone with light use (and the tweaks that I have done), my phone lasted me 2-3 days and was still at 20-30%. 5-10 calls a day, some internet and 5-10 texts. When my phone is in sleep it uses virtually nothing, before my tweaks I believe the stock ROM should be about 75ma at idle.

I would flash the stock rom and task 29 (don't remember what order, but follow Biganadad's instructions in the first post)_ then the data reset in the security menu.

If you current is still above 100 on a completely fresh ROM (give it a few minutes to setup and everything) then you have something going on.

Also witch your phone setting from "Global" operation to "CDMA only" if you are sprint or verizon.If you don't use voice command or bluetooth, delete the .lnk shortcuts from the "Startup" folder. They'll still work, they just won't be running programs off the start.
This post has been thanked 3 times.