View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 09:33 PM
bawaji
Regular 'Geeker

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Aug 10| 21911|23128 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawaji View Post
If there is no solution for rbblack06's question, anyone remember the last ROMs where the mp4 videos played properly? When I play mp4 files, I get no audio and then I lose audio for the whole phone --- no audio through headphones or speaker during a call, windows media player, FM radio, music player, etc. I have to restart the phone to get the audio output back. I would like to go back to that ROM if possible if there are no other major issues.

<removed>
I created a video using the Imagio and noticed that the sound worked fine on playback on the Imagio. This led me to think that maybe there is nothing wrong with the Imagio and the Energy ROM but probably something to do with the mp4 files I was copying from my PC. I noticed that the files I was copying had a variable bitrate audio. I converted the video to one with constant bitrate audio (using XviD4PSP 5.0 and choosing Blackberry 8830 format which converts audio to AAC-HE 64kbps) and it played fine on the Imagio!

Thought I would post this here in case it helps someone having the same problem. I plan to play around with the different formats to see what would be the most optimal for the Imagio.

Now, I need to upgrade my PC so it doesn't take over an hour to convert files! (but I digress...)