View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 02:56 PM
rhacy
Regular 'Geeker

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Aug 20 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2018).No CHT.No RSS.No CFC.No LZX.No BL.No L

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwing View Post
THIS!

Anyway, using it now seems fast enough, will let you know after today's heavy use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohanela View Post
Well, you have finally convinced me to give OC a try. The OverClockTool you recommend seems simple enough for me to take the plunge.

Thanks.
Please note that everyone will need to find their specific overclocking settings sweet spot. This will be dependent on each individual processor and system settings. Moreover, I highly recommend installing any overclocking app to the storage card for safety, as you can always remove your storage card and reboot. Also, if you use the OverClockTool by iwfratz, you should test and find the best combination of settings for your preferences and use, prior running the app all the time. Anyway, once you find a good combination of settings, you can copy and paste a shortcut of iwfratz's run.exe to your Windows\Startup Folder. This will allow the OverClockTool to run at start up every time, and you will no longer need to start the app to use it.

***Please also note that I highly recommend that you back up your system with Spb Backup or some type of full system backup software, before doing any heavy testing of this tool, and especially before you set it up to run at start up. This is important because overclocking as well as underclocking can cause issues at start up, including keeping Sense from loading, and possibly corrupting some Sense files.

My current settings are below, and they have been solid so far. Please note that my TP2 has been able to run higher overclocked speeds, as well as higher load and jump rates. Nonetheless, for better stability, reduced cpu stress, and less battery drain, I dropped down to the current settings a few days ago, and there have been no issues with my system to date.

overclock speed: 729.6
interval: 2000 MS
# steps: 3
load max: 30
load min: 15
jump max 15
jump min: 5

Oh yeah, before I forget, and regardless of what app you use to overclock, I also recommend this registry edit below to make sure your phone does not have SOD issues during calls:

Set HCKU/Control Panel/Phone/Sleep to 0

If you want to change back to allowing the phone to sleep during calls, change the regedit back to 1

Hope this helps...
Best to all,
R

Last edited by rhacy; 08-20-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: regedit to prevent call SOD
This post has been thanked 1 times.