View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 06:34 PM
matt314159
PPCGeeks Regular

matt314159 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reassign keys on a bluetooth keyboard?

Hey, folks, I came up empty on a search so I'm just going to jump right in here with a question and see if anybody knows a solution.

Hardware:
I have a Touch Pro 2 on Sprint w/ WinMo 6.5
and a Targus, Bluetooth 10-key keypad. (Product on Amazon)

I have the keypad paired up via bluetooth and working just fine for all the standard 10-key functions.

My use for this 10-key is for expedited entry of ISBN numbers of textbooks. It works fine unless the ISBN has an "X" in it, which I believe is the only nonstandard character I'll be coming across in using this keypad.

What I'm wondering is this: Is there any way (via a registry tweak or something similar) I can reassign the "*" key on the bluetooth keypad to input an "X" instead? It seems like if it is possible, it should be a fairly simple process...for all intents and purposes, my 10-key bluetooth keypad should operate just like a standard bluetooth keyboard, sans alpha keys. So if there's a way to reassign keys on a bluetooth keyboard, I'm all ears. I hope it can be done, as this will end up being a perfect solution for my needs.

I put this in the windows mobile dev section because the solution shouldn't be device-specific, I'm sure that any device with windows mobile and a bluetooth keyboard would be able to do the same thing, if it's possible at all.

Anyway, if anyone has a solution I'm all ears and you'll forever have my utmost respect and gratitude. Thanks in advance,

-Matt

*edit*....doing some more searching, I've now installed AE Keymap, but I'm having some trouble figuring out exactly how to set things up. Is this what I need? If so, can someone point me in the right direction? I'm guessing I need to download and customize a layout file, but not sure. I'm going to keep reading and searching and dinking around with things, I'll post back if I solve my own problem.

Last edited by matt314159; 08-19-2010 at 06:56 PM.