View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Pibe38
The Enforcer
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Mogul on CW's Smallville

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC1 View Post
This is nothing new. Sprint has been heavily into what is known as "product placement advertising" for a long time now. Basically, the vendor of a product pays the producers so that that the product appears in a scene in a TV show, movie, music video.... even video games now. Whenever you see folks standing in a kitchen and there happens to be a can of Coke or Pepsi, it's not just a random choice of whatever they had around for a prop.

If you want to see really outrageous uses of product placement, watch previous seasons of "24".... where Jack is talking on a Sprint phone to Chloe at the same time she's downloading schematics to him... can you say "Rev A and VoIP"?
Don't get me wrong, I know about product placement... I just thought it'd be fun to share the catch with others.

Sprint also heavily placed the Touch with Heroes during the past season with the whole "Create the next Hero" thing... even though it was a drawing, it was clearly a Touch.

Unless a product's brand is generic or blurred out on a TV show/movie/video game/etc., the maker is paying to have it there.

---
Don't forget to Search first!