View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 11:00 AM
TheBundo
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Texting an Email Address Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace27 View Post
huh?? how do you have the gmail app instantaneously notify you other than putting it to check for emails every 5 minutes?

and also "im" programs tend to suck up more battery power... am i correct on that statement?
I don't know how out why the gmail app works that way, but if my phone is asleep, I still get instant notification, and the battery will last over 24 hours. I have the regular email program check every 15 minutes, and that notification comes in up to 15 minutes later, depending on where out was in the cycle when the email came in. I don't think the gmail app has a setting about how often to check. Perhaps google sends a text message to your phone that gmail intercepts, triggering the grabbing of the email. Smart Phone Tracker in WM used a similar process.