View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 12:32 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Same basic principle but here's another option without having to do the factory reset:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=753233
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMike1 View Post
We have all seen the threads where you do a ##768# Factory Reset after doing a Nandroid Backup and this will initiate Hands Free Activation which ultimately after a couple tries will update your PRI.

Why not cut to the chase and do a ##3282#?

This will allow you to Start the Hands Free Activation Process and update your PRL without forcing you to do a Factory Reset.

I believe I updated mine this way, but am not positive with all the testing I have done.

Steps:
  1. Dial ##3282#
  2. Enter Edit Mode
  3. Enter your MSL
  4. Select Data Profile
  5. Menu
  6. Restore
  7. Let Phone Reboot, and Wait and the Hands Free Activation will Start.
  8. Repeat until you have 1.40 PRI.

Can we have some more people test this?

If I am missing something then please let me know, but to me this seems much easier way to go about it then doing a ##768# or is it the same exact thing? It's late and I am tired so if this is the same exact thing please let me know and I will delete the thread

It just seemed this did not force you to do an entire Factory Reset.

Cheers.

The first method worked for me. I did not test this. The PRI update portion is exactly the same, just dont have to factory reset. Just throwing it out there.
This method may take multiple attempts as well.