View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hey, do you just install the latest kernel overtop or wipe cache then flash? Or flash stock kernel, then go back to kernel 4.0.3a? I am on the kernel from a couple days ago. Thanks Squat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
I've read in his thread that a lot of people just flash over the top without wipes. I think people with ROMs that have "enhanced" kernels have been wiping cache & davik-cache. Personally, when I had installed, I did no wipes running OMJ's ROM.
Fo sho what Vegas said. I just flash one kernel over the other.
netarchy himself suggests doing that way and only performing a wipe in the event of hiccups.