Scrappy xyz
PPCGeeks Regular

Scrappy xyz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
re: FroYo 2.2 Update -- Bugs & Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
I traded bat with dad at 9am this morning and I'm at 80%. He said his Evo is about dead. Looks as if it's a faulty battery that just happened to coincide with updating to 2.2 and having actually nothing to do with 2.2 itself. It just seemed odd it happened the day I updated...oh well, I guess it happenes! Thanks guys for the help.
Not sure if the battery is dead. I have the same problem, after I updated to 2.2 my battery went from 10-12 hrs of heavy use to dead after 7 hrs of NO use. I went to the sprint store, they said, we can order you a new battery. So i patiently waited & figured I would shut the phone off & charge it & take out & put back in the battery, i now have 45% battery after 12.5 hrs since my last charge. I have no idea what happened, but i wont complain. Sprint did say there was a defect with the battery charging & holding a charge.
There is also a machine they have that will drain/charge/repeat the battery which is supposed to increase battery life dramaticly. No idea why they wouldnt do that with every battery to avoid such issues, but hey, who needs logic.
This post has been thanked 1 times.