View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 01:02 PM
sly
VIP Member

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
23138 cookie pp12 GREAT!
Here's my experience.
I thought Dave was BSing when he claimed 72... I got 77 mb free, wow!!

Used Sashimi & loaded up about 20 cabs (admit-tingly most to storage card) & still have 62 megs after boot.. wowsers... (including all my customizations)

Not sure what gives, but if I remember right, that's about 20 megs more than I use to have!!

MEMORY: I'm now doing this
opera:config>scroll down to user prefs. under user prefs find cache directory4. change /windows/ to /Storage Card/
Running 6 tabs, NO closures or issues... UNREAL

If you need even more memory, I can't underscore the importance of THIS POST.. although don't use it if you're timid & a newbe... Sly attached the HTCRie file on this post also a few pages back. You can also goto the root of this thread & hit the paperclip for all attached files. No more complaining about memory. Read the zillions of threads on the diamond side, it appears they have much less memory to work with & they do it fine..
Nice, a link to my old Diamond post! However, be careful not to confuse Storage memory with Program memory. The Diamond had less Storage memory than the TP2 and NRG's ROM, with Sense2.5/CHT, were huge and didn't leave much storage space left. HTCrie was necessary to pare down some of the apps he included to make the ROM functional. Doing this doesn't affect the amount of Program memory available. Storage memory is like the hard drive of the phone and Program memory is like the RAM. (Storage Card is like the monster external hard drive.)
This post has been thanked 2 times.