View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 03:53 PM
CoryNat
Regular 'Geeker

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 08/07/10 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinghard View Post
Vin, I have been using your ROM for a few days and have few questions
1. When I open an Opera Browser I do not get an option to close the browser (the X button at the bottom), I get it for all the apps but Opera

2. The Ram on the phone starts at about 79K after a reset but goes to 65K after a few hours and then to early 50's after 24-36 hours and then I have to do a reset - is this normal/expected

3. In the tools menu I see a lot of tools that I do not know what they are used for, is there a way to remove them, Eg. DM Router, EPST, ICOChanger, Field Trial, power Meter etc etc.

4. lastly the clock on the home page flips the time twice before showing the correct time (first flip from Current time - 1 hour to Current time - 1 minute to current time). Is there a way to stop the flipping, its very irritating.
I may be able to help with some of these. Opera you need to click the button on the bottom right that looks like a small square on a big square and then hit Exit.

That may help with #2. Opera uses a lot of memory. I use Opera mini for most of my browsing to avoid eating up ram.

Those are all things that folks use for various functions. They are cooked into the ROM, so you can delete the shortcuts but not uninstall the programs. I suppose you could delete them from the folders if you needed space.

If you are running a CHT rom, there is a setting in the home tab editor to kill the double flip of the clock.

Hope this helps some.