View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 01:30 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Super AMOLED Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyneko View Post
I love the apple retina screen, the look and feel of the physical iphone 4, and the battery life but thats about it. If I could buy an iPhone4 and wipe it and install android id be happy. I think soon android phones will catch up to Iphone 4 in screen technology and physical design. All the android phones have been really ugly. My favorite physical phone design was probably the palm pre.
There is nothing to catch up to in terms of screen...you have to realize the Retina is nothing that special..its not new tech...see the problem began with apple using a none standard resolution in their iphone lines...now to prevent applications from not working they doubled that none standard resolution...this doubled resolution just happens to have more pixels per inch..but in the end the screen is nothing that special...

I would rather have a standard resolution rather then more pixels per inch and none standard...for cellphones 800x480 is more then enough.and I don't see any reason to want more unless the screen-size goes up :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 08-09-2010 at 01:38 PM.