View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
I'll try that, but will that also help me with getting things in the correct folder? The other thing is changing Icons. I found most and changed them, but there are a few I can't find. The one you couldn't see on my earlier post was the contacts tab. Somewhere in my kitchen it's wanting to put it in the \Communications folder, and I can't find it.
No, it won't help with putting things in the right folder. It was more of a side note on arrangement inside of a folder.

I like my contacts in my communications folder so I haven't messed with it. I'll look around and if I come up with anything I'll let you know.

Here's some advice Indagroove gave me over at mobile underground that might work for your contacts situation.

Indagroove - "You can rename the stock sys shortcut files to a slightly different name, so that the default provxml or whatever can't copy them to the default start menu directory."

I looked in my kitchen by searching for ".shortcut" and that pulled up all the shortuts\.lnks. The contacts shortcut\.lnk is named "_Contacts". You can try renaming that to simply "Contacts" or "__Contacts". Then add the appropriate line to your initflashfiles.dat with your new name. In theory, once you've renamed the shortcut and adjusted you initflashfiles.dat line to reflect your new name for it, whatever is placing it in the communications folder shouldn't be able to find it anymore because you've renamed it and only your new placement for it should exist.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-08-2010 at 05:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.