View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 11:38 AM
JsrxJsr
Lurker

JsrxJsr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bizarre experience with my TP2 and Verizon...

Hey guys, sorry this is so long... I've been a member (lurker) here a long time and have never really posted. However I have absorbed MOUNDS of information for which I thank all of you. First off, I have a Verizon TP2. I got it new in April. Still running stock ROM. I haven't made the jump to a custom ROM yet. Yesterday I was experimenting with different manila "sliders" and "quicklink" icon sets. I have CHT installed and wound up messing it up. Rather than trying to back track to try and fix it, I just did a hard reset and restored a backup that I had made just prior to said experimentation. After doing a hard reset, it had me "activate" the phone again (as it always has after a hard reset). So it does its thing. Well, after it did this, I went to use the phone and quickly found I could not make calls or texts and had no data connection. After trying it again with the same results, I decided to head to my local Verizon store to get it reprogrammed correctly. I tell them straight up, your OTA activation is bad. They take my phone to the back and after an hour and a half I was told that my device is "bad" and that Verizon no longer carries this device, nor do they support it. They have no back-stock, no replacements, NADA! They then try to get me to give up my TP2 and take another device. Reluctantly I take a quick look and it's apparent they have NOTHING with WM that compares to my TP2 and they refuse to allow me to cross platforms to even consider an Android. I'm a little miffed at this point and grab my TP2 and tell the guy I'm going to go home and "think about it". So I come home and get on the phone with Verizon tech support to see if they are any help... another hour later and I am basically told the same thing, my device is bad, "we'll send you an Imagio, this is your ONLY option". I don't want an Imagio! I want my TP2! So I tell that guy the same thing, I'll call back when I make a decision. Really angry at this point I decide to take matters into my own hands, get online, do a little research, learn the NAM programming codes. I find out that everywhere my phone number SHOULD be, instead is this "000-000-9902" number. My phone thinks this is my phone number, and of course won't work. My MSID however was left intact, so I proceed to plug in MY number everywhere this "000-000-9902" is and VOILA! I am back, 100%, no problems whatsoever. SO, in little under 30 minutes I was able to do what 3 hours of Verizon "help" could not. I'm left with questions now. Why did Verizon abruptly stop supporting this wonderful device while the other carriers seem to be going strong with it? Why would their OTA programming use bad info? Why would their techs not catch this? It all had to have been obvious to them. I even told the tech guy on the phone, here's the deal, your OTA nam programming is putting bad info into my device... Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Is Verizon trying to pull this device for some reason? Pull my specific device for some reason? What are your thoughts? Thanks for listening guys.
This post has been thanked 3 times.