stparker38
PPCGeeks Regular

stparker38 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Upgrade to Rooted Froyo, absolutely crappy battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddark4eva View Post
Thats my biggest problem with 2.2. Wen i was on OMJ 2.1 i could easily go a a full day wit heavy usage b4 i hav to charge or swap batteries. Im currently on omj's 2.2, my usage routines havent changed at all an now i cant even make it thru one shift at work witout charging or changing batteries like gun magazines

Sent from the day after yesterday using a Carrier pigeon.
I read that when we do a wipe and install a ROM, the battery memory wipes as well. We must recondition the battery. Try letting it run its course and only charge when drained. Charge with the phone off and then use until it runs all the way down. (Get rid of apps that doesn't support FROYO... if you use Titanium to back up your apps, only bring back your apps and not all the system data.)

It may take a day or two, but the battery life will begin to increase. I don't use a Task killer, I don't cut off anything. I use WHERE several times a day, run video and use my phone as normal. At first I was getting 4-6 hrs, then fully drained. Then I did what I stated above and now I get a full day of use without the battery draining. Last night when I went to bed it had been over 16hrs since unplugged and I was still at 37%.