stab244
PPCGeeks Regular

stab244 is keeping up the good workstab244 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 6| 21911|23673 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
What's wrong with "My Location?" If it's not working at all, make sure you're connected to the internet when you sync the first time. Yeah it sounds weird, but it worked for me. I did the flash dance first (back to stock, NOT Task29).

EDIT: I meant to say make sure your computer is connected to the internet, not your phone.
Every time I try to update my weather, it says there was a connection error but yet all my other cities refreshed fine. I even went onto the Accuweather site and looked up my own city and it worked fine as well. It might be the HTC Location Service going bonkers on me since when I turn it off, the same error occurs as well, but it just shows up instantly. Google Maps works fine. Maybe I should connect to ActiveSync really quick... Report back to see if that helps. I never needed to use ActiveSync before to get My Location to work... Might have become dependent on it ever since I started keeping my phone connected to my computer at all times.

EDIT: Yup doesn't work even when I sync to ActiveSync. Or at least connect it to ActiveSyn. I don't really sync since it doubles up all of my contacts and it doesn't seem to like the weird way that I manage my calendar appointments...

EDIT2: Could it be the Ooma phone that my dad installed recently that is interferring? That phone is set to a phone number that is different from the area code of where I live and that could be confusing the Location Service. I don't know. I'm just blabbing out random things that could be causing the problem.

Last edited by stab244; 08-07-2010 at 01:16 PM.