View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 10:50 AM
2 Bunny
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Wink DECIMAL Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH-CS View Post
Yes. A good way, if you're interested in learning, is to set all your settings as you like them (backlight, sounds, etc) then use a registry editor (such as the one found in Dotfred's task manager) and use it to export the registry, copy the file to a PC and explore it (control + F will be a huge help with the file). Copy the keys that correspond to whatever settings you want from the file into an app.reg file (either make one by changing the extension on a .txt file, or copy an app.reg from another EXT and blank it out) and place it in the kitchen as it's own EXT package.

Alternatively, if you'd rather not spend the time poking through the registry and just want to mess with the backlight, put the attached file in your kitchen, and edit the app.reg (the values in this EXT package are set to my liking, so you'll probably want to change them). All values are in hex, so use something like windows calculator to translate values between decimal and hex.

Try BAF MSL Grabber
http://www.baf.cc/bafmsl
That's what I was thinking - registry stuff. This still needs a little bit to "churn" in my mind though. Right now, we'll just focus on the backlight tweak, then we'll move on to the other stuff.
I downloaded the file and opened the app.reg in Notepad and I can see all the stuff that can be changed. I would like to know how to convert between HEX and Decimal in MS Calculator though. Does that automatically add the letter in some of the numbers (for instance, "Seconds to Dim (Battery)" is currently set at "0000001e" in your file. I don't know how to convert Decimal to HEX in Windows Calculator (sorry).
Another question: The "brightness on AC" setting doesn't apply if I've got it set to change the brightness based on the light sensor, does it?

Thanks (I added some thanks to your post as well ☺).

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 08-07-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Reply