View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 12:52 AM
FH-CS
Lurker

FH-CS is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
I hate to stray away from the fascinating topic being discussed above, but I have another kitchen related question.

Is it possible to tweak settings from within the kitchen? For instance, if I wanted to change the backlight and auto power off times (which are set at unacceptable values, by default), is there any practical way of adjusting these? How about settings in DiamondTweak or Advanced Config?

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny
Yes. A good way, if you're interested in learning, is to set all your settings as you like them (backlight, sounds, etc) then use a registry editor (such as the one found in Dotfred's task manager) and use it to export the registry, copy the file to a PC and explore it (control + F will be a huge help with the file). Copy the keys that correspond to whatever settings you want from the file into an app.reg file (either make one by changing the extension on a .txt file, or copy an app.reg from another EXT and blank it out) and place it in the kitchen as it's own EXT package.

Alternatively, if you'd rather not spend the time poking through the registry and just want to mess with the backlight, put the attached file in your kitchen, and edit the app.reg (the values in this EXT package are set to my liking, so you'll probably want to change them). All values are in hex, so use something like windows calculator to translate values between decimal and hex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobman View Post
Thanks alot, but how do i get my msl? I remember seeing it before but i didnt write it down... and after some regedits the ATDbgLog still does not show my msl.
Try BAF MSL Grabber
http://www.baf.cc/bafmsl
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tweaks - Backlight.zip (835 Bytes, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by FH-CS; 08-07-2010 at 10:26 AM.