View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 12:48 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
-pre7 works on stock kernel
Blah, blah, details, details. So I was a bit blinded by sarcasm to get all the facts straight. My point that your ROM has/had nothing to do with the functioning of the app in question still holds water

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckstande View Post
Damn, what is the benefit of the stock kernel vs the capped 3mp kernel?

Nevermind, I see it has to do with wifi tethering. Carry on.
Actually it's benefits far exceed the functioning of one app which works now without a modded kernel (got it right this time )
To repeat:netarchy's kernel will uncap your fps, make the system quicker, and enable 5 point multi-touch-if your device has that sensor.
The actual Froyo source kernel has not been released yet (afaik) so netarchy modded an older one. Once that is released he will be able to really kick things up a notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyforreal View Post
Hi! So I'm running OMJ_EVO_2.2_Froyo_PPCG_w.kernel and I have installed the HTC_IME_hi22.apk mod, but still no voice input, just the language button.

Thanks
Just installed it on OMJ 2.2 v2.1 deodexed and the speech to text button is there
snap20100807_003125.jpg

Go under Settings/Voice Input and make sure Show Voice Button is checked For English

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-07-2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Corrected ROM version