View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 04:20 PM
stparker38
PPCGeeks Regular

stparker38 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: When I kill app's, minutes later several are opened again..??

If you are rooted and install custom ROMS, battery life has a lot to do with which ROM you are on and how it is configured. I was on Fresh 1.0.1 on 2.1 and I received daily 12hrs usage. I had a task killer, but seldom used it. I assumed it was doing the job. I became worried when I began to update to the Froyo ROMS... I tried some of the earlier ones (before the official update) and my battery life was a maximum 6 hrs with almost no use. I quickly went back to 2.1. Then when Fresh came out with his 2.2 I had already tried like three other 2.2 ROMS and was convinced that I wouldn't like the battery life... and it is true that the task killers don't work in 2.2. I am running Fresh's Froyo ROM... I don't have a task killer. Yesterday I took it off charge at 9am and at midnight I had about 30%. I used my phone off and on all day. Today, I have the same results. It is 3:18pm and I am at 43% after 7h 29m of use. It is taking a lot longer to drain and I am convinced now it is in the ROM you choose.