View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Knuxr
PPCGeeks Regular

Knuxr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: When I kill app's, minutes later several are opened again..??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebo73 View Post
By saying android doesnt need a ATK why is it that people see apps using so much battery power. Through out my day i can have my phone start with like 200+M and by the end of the day and running my ATK on crazy im at 145m??? That really doesnt make sense to say you dont need an atk.

The only reason to use ATK is to kill a process that is hung or won't go away so you can uninstall an app. Outside of that ATK is an application that is for previous WinMo users that feel the need to kill apps. Android handles memory in a completely different way, thus killing something just makes it pop back up. Also if you have 2mb of free RAM left Android will perform the same as if it had 200mb, that is how the OS handles memory, a lot more efficent than WinMo. Because you were a WinMo user you have a placebo effect, assuming memory is lower therefore performance is less, when that is not the case here.

If anything ATK can make your battery life less becuase you keep killing apps and they keep restarting. I have never used ATK, not even once, and I have never had issues with battery life.

The things that drain your battery are widgets (FriendStream), using GPS, and normal usage. Now again I am a heavy user with texting, emails and web usage and my phone easily lasts all day.

The funny thing here is that all the users that are using ATK have horrible battery life, hmmmm, no one put two and two together?

Now remember if you use your phone constantly and it dies before noon, don't be surprised, no amount of power saving can save you. This is what happens when you stream Pandora and use Google Maps all morning...

Last edited by Knuxr; 08-06-2010 at 08:15 AM.